21 May 2012

Random Conversations

Had a rare conversation with my grandmother yesterday about the inheritance within the maternal line of her family of premonitory abilities, and the prominence for us of events that fall on the 13th of any month.

We've had similar experiences, as has my mother, but before yesterday, I had no idea my great-grandmother also inherited these oddities.   I was aware that my grandmother's hitherto lost relatives were all spiritualists, perhaps influenced to be so by their experiences, but my great-grandmother was very secretive and eschewed anything (that fell even slightly) outside the socially acceptable/conventional.

For my part, I always buy a lottery ticket on any Friday the 13th, so that if a major/significant event is to occur, I might have some influence over it.

No comments: