27 May 2011

Making Connections

So I realise I have been quiet with this blog and an update is long overdue, for which I apologise. I haven't really much to say, as not much has really caught my attention or had an impact.

I missed my trip to the megaliths of Wales owing to illness, but during my convalescence I renewed my acquaintance with my family tree research, prompted by a query from a distant cousin researching one particular branch. Since then, I have spent more time getting to know my ancestors - who they were and what they did.

I've found myself spending the same amount of time on the internet, though mostly sifting through archives for information on ancestors rather than the websites I usually visit. As it turns out, I didn't miss a lot of the websites I once visited and so, once again, I had a huge spring clean and many websites have fallen by the wayside; most of them pagan or pagan-related.

It's time, I think, I concentrated on the things I enjoy, rather than pottering around places on the net to fill in time at work when it's quiet. So, my resolve is to spend more time learning about the family members from my past (and trying to find that elusive Scottish connection - I may actually have one!), spend more time on my photography, my reading and writing of poetry, and learning Gaelic. Life is far too short to just fill in time and, I believe, to do so would be a disservice to myself; and, to my mind, somewhat dishonourable to the memory of my ancestors who might have placed a much higher value on "free time".

So, if things remain quiet here, you'll have an idea of what I might be up to.

No comments: