08 December 2008

Desperate?

"Nobody loves me,
everybody hates me,
think I'll eat some worms!"


That's how I feel. I've been on those pagan dating sites for a while now, and I've sent out messages to several members, more than a few, actually. The response has been ... underwhelming. I have received no responses to any of those messages; not one male has had the courtesy to even acknowledge my post/presence. I feel like the least attractive pagan female in the English speaking world right now. The only serious interest came unprompted from someone 18 years my junior, and even he dropped off a few months ago, though there may be a serious, valid reason for his disappearance from the site.

There are stories about couples finding each other on these sites, some members even writing in their profiles they're not looking anymore because they've found someone. So, it must happen.





I may have to resign myself to the fact I just don't fit into the pagan female mould that men seek. Certainly, my profile differs from that of the other women who frequent these sites - see my post "Stereotyping" for elucidation. I must admit I am a lot older than most of the other females, too. Perhaps I've left it too late in life to look? Perhaps the gods have other plans for me? Wouldn't be surprised.

In the meantime, if you're a single, heterosexual, pagan male, resident anywhere in the British Isles, who can relate to what I write here at my online journal, you'll find me at the bottom of the garden ~ munching on worms.

"Nobody loves me,
everybody hates me,
think I'll eat some worms!
"

6 comments:

Barry said...

Well I'm not single, I am heterosexual, but I'm not pagan and I don't reside in the British Isles.

However I do like your blog.

I hope that counts for something.

An Gàidheal Pàganach said...

It does, Barry. Thank you for your kind comments. :D

laoi gaul~williams said...

i always find it comes when we least look for it, maybe it will, or rather someone will creep up on you when you are not expecting it?
as for you not fitting into the sterotypical mould...well they should be lucky to have someone so individual!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

heck, i can't even find a CHATROOM with/by other pagans...must be my computer inexpertise. and after agreeing w/ so much of your observations about 'stereotypical' Pagans, i'm thinking that inability might be saving mea lot of frustration.
and likely making me miss out on even more guffaws...
hang tight, goddess-incarnate. 's all us desperate singles CAN do

Cygnus

An Gàidheal Pàganach said...

I've never found a good chat room, but I've found 3 or 4 very good pagan message boards - one general one and three others specific to my own beliefs.

The latest I've had from the dating sites is a xian living in the States, who is a younger and shorter than me. Why? I just don't understand it.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

I dunno, Woman. i don't think i'm too bad-looking a chap-- nor do the ladies, from what i fathom-- so really am boggled by the whole 'scene'.
just have to go with the idea you posed-- the gods have SOMETHING in store. doesn't help me thru the occasional deep longing, or random tears, but... shigata ga nai, neh?

[closest xlation of the japanese phrase is "what can one do?", i believe. and 'believe is ALL, i s'pose... :) ]

C.