30 October 2008

Reflection

Perhaps its the time I year; I don't know. What I do know is that I am spending a lot of time reflecting on what I do, how I do it, why I do it and so on. To that end, neither this online journal, nor the one I mantain for my family has seen any activity.

I've noticed other bloggers have slowed down a bit, too. Its not that I don't have ideas on what to post, just that the ideas I do have are not as cohesive as I would like before posting a comment. There is activity in one quarter, which I am watching with a keen eye, but I have to say I am not contributing at all. I waiting to see what's left when the dust dies down and this seems to be a theme with me this month.

If I have time on the weekend, I hope to do some meditation out of doors. A long walk through the local woods, which I've not seen for over two months, would be nice and, as its so familiar, it would be condusive to clarifying my thoughts.

Tonight marked the end of several "honouring the ancestors" projects, too. It was good to take part and talk openly about various ancestors with others. If it happens again next year, I will take part again.

2 comments:

hen said...

reflection and this time of year are synonymous for me. I hope your weekend has been as you wanted it.

that picture is haunting. Is it your ancestor?

warm wishes for your happiness AC,
hen

An Gàidheal Pàganach said...

It is my great-grandfather, whom we affectionately called "Pop".