18 December 2010

Bonus

This year I was fortunate indeed to get a bonus from my employer.  Most of it has been used sensibly, but there has been one thing I have always wanted to own.  I don't need it, I just want it.   For years, I had coveted others who owned similar pieces and, when I finally had the money to purchase a copy, the person making them had gone out of business.  Recently though I found one that caught my eye and when the bonus was announced, I secretly kept an eye on it and thought if I could manage to do so I would purchase it.  

Well, the bonus was paid and it was more than I expected, so I took the plunge.  Today, it arrived in the post and here, dear folks, it is.   It's very heavy, but so comfortable I hardly know I'm wearing it.   Yes, it's entirely frivolous, but I love it.