05 January 2009

Goodbye

Totally off topic, but I wanted a post to mark the passing of my Grandmother, Kathleen, on the weekend. At 93, my grandmother had lived a marvellous and long life but, having had her around so long, it's hard to believe she won't be there anymore. I just hope she is at peace, as I know she had been fretful and fearful towards the end.

I cherished the relationship I had fostered with her as an adult, and I'm extremely sad to lose her. At least I still have my other grandmother, who is one of my best, and closest friends.

I am unable to attend the funeral, as this will be taking place back in Australia on Friday, but I will be lighting a candle in her honour.

7 comments:

hen said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

I'll hold you and your Grandmother in my mind during my Friday practice.

warm wishes,
hen
x

laoi gaul~williams said...

sorry to hear this sad news~i am sure she wont vanish totally from your life

Leanne said...

Thinking of you AC, I am sorry for your loss.

Leanne x

Bo said...

*Hugs*
Sorry to hear about this. I hope you're OK.

An Gàidheal Pàganach said...

Thank you for your kind wishes, which are gratefully received.

I'm okay, but its strange to think that she is no longer in my life. To be honest, I am more concerned for my father, who lost a younger brother just before Christmas in 2006 and has now lost his mother. He is a reticent man, and I long to give him a hug and comfort him, but we are 14,000 miles apart, which makes things awkward.

Aisling the Bard said...

I am so sorry, and am lighting candles for a safe journey for Granny, and peace to those left behind.

Geraldine Moorkens Byrne said...

I am so sorry to hear this, and I hope your dad in particular is doing alright, you are all in my thoughts.