17 June 2008

Historical Atlas of the Celtic World


I don’t know how long this will be available but you just have to go and have a look now! This PDF book is available for download from Eso Ursi Garden and it’s a beautiful book.

The remarkable Celtic culture once encompassed most of western Europe; even after centuries of invasion and conquest it flourished in remote corners of the continent. This book is a beautifully illustrated survey of Celtic society, its history and belief, from its origins to the present day.

This book traces the development of Celtic religion and mythology, and describes the flowering of their unique metalwork, sculpture, and illumination. An expertly crafted view into the Celtic past, while emphasising the relevance of Celtic culture and identity today.

Go to the Eso Ursi Garden now and download this book, whilst you still can.

3 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

hey thanks for the link to the website for Cornish language.
I am so drawn to my ancestors from Cornwall, which is very difficult when I live on the opposite side of the world. I know nothing of how they may have lived or what they believed.. I am hoping and wishing that they weren't Christians.. gawd, how would I cope with that?? I hope there was a village wise woman among them somewhere. Coming from Cornwall.. maybe I have a chance!!

Rowan said...

This looks really interesting, must have a look at it. You asked about the photos, the answer is I don't know how it happens, I just upload the photos from my computer and it does it by itself. I'm technically challenged but my DH, who is not!, says it may well be to do with the size of the images on your camera, I have a digital camera and the size setting I have it on is 3072 x 2304 pixels which means that the individual photos stored on my computer are huge. The blogger software compresses them to fit the blog page but it is so much tinier than the original that clicking on it produces a full screen picture which is still smaller than the original. He says that if you are only uploading small photos to begin with then Blogger can't make them larger, they have to be big to start with. Hope this makes some sense to you!!

laoi gaul~williams said...

it is downloading as i type~
thanks for the link!