22 January 2008

Compositions of Stone



CD by Mike Simmons
Available from
Megalithic Portal, where you can sample two of the tracks.

Track titles:

1. Carnac - The Alignments
2. The Ring of Brodgar
3. Rollright Stones
4. Merry Maidens
5. Long Meg and her Daughters
6. Castlerigg
7. Avebury
8. Stonehenge

****************************************************

I bought this CD after someone listed it as an "unusual Jule gift idea". I have had a difficult time of late finding new ambient music for background to my meditations. So, when this was listed (twice), I went and listened to the samples and then purchased it.

I only wish I could listen to it the whole way through. It is a wonderful CD, but everytime I listen to it I drift off to sleep. Now, this is a good and a bad thing. As someone who occasionally has difficulty going to sleep, I am grateful to have found a cure, but I am also sad that I cannot actually get the whole way through this CD, as the music is rather enchanting.

I can recommend this CD, even though I have not heard all of it. It is pleasant, unobtrusive and a little different from most CDs in its category. Listen to the samples, buy it and see if you don't feel the same way.

No comments: