18 February 2009

What I believe ...

There has been a few postings about what people believe, some of which are quite deep and even intricate. I don't feel I have that level of understanding - yet. I would like to post a bit about what I believe though.

I believe in:

  1. the pre-Christian gods of the British Isles;
  2. genius loci, i.e. spirits of place and/or landscape;
  3. animism, i.e. spirits in plants, animals and some objects scientist might deign inanimate;
  4. ancestor worship;
  5. an energy, or force that permeates everything, though I am unsure as to its source (it could be the gods, or perhaps they are a part of it, like us);
  6. the effectiveness of magic and/or witchcraft, i.e. the ability of humans to source and utilise that energy and/or force;
  7. the connectiveness of all, not unlike the heathen Web of Wyrd.

Far from being comprehensive or complete, I will endeavour to add to this list as and when I can remember the rest of my beliefs.

4 comments:

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Sounds foundational to me.

For me the force that permeates Everything IS the gods, and us. All connected-- body to ego to soul to power (s?) to ...
...??...

UNITY??
:D

laoi gaul~williams said...

yes i posted on this too~neither deep nor intricate, i always have trouble expressing myself as well as i would like :S

An Gàidheal Pàganach said...

I saw that entry, Solstice, and it was synchronous with posts I had seen at a few message boards.

My thoughts are a bit lacking, in comparison to some posts I've seen, but I hope to expand over time.

Geraldine Moorkens Byrne said...

actually AC I like your list - I concur with each item, and you've defined them very clearly...I know that there are a thousand thoughts one can add to elaborate on each point, but that's a good list imo!