20 August 2008

An Award!


This is a little off-topic for my blog, but I received this from one of my favourite bloggers, Bee-Leaf. It was a very nice gift to receive at the end of a long, arduous week. Thank you Bee-Leaf for your kind comments about my blog, too.

The Rules for those recieving an award are:

1. The winner can put the logo on their blog
2. Link the person you received the award from
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Put links of those blogs on yours
5. Leave a message on the blogs nominated

So, here are my nominees:

Bo, for the marvellous blog entitled "The Expvlsion of the Blatant Beast" ~ an eclectic mix of thoughts from 28-year old medievalist, currently at Oxford (but a Junior Research Fellow in Cambridge from October 2008) who write eloquently on a range of subjects including medieval studies, paganism, music, literature, art and who also (on rare occasions) displays iconographic art he has produced. Always, always a blog to read if you want to be made to think and I feel priveleged to have found, and be able to understand this particular blog.

"Cylch Riannon" ~ although Lee posts are infrequent they are always worth reading as he expounds on his explorations through brythonic paganism. Thoughtful and thought-provoking, I am always glad to see a new post at this particular site.

Mochenddu's Weblog ~ as written by Craig is another pagan blog that gives one pause for thought. Craig often describes his practice as feral (druidic?) paganism, though his blog displays a very definite academic knowledge in several areas. Although another infrequent poster, this blog is well worth watching, and reading because of the interesting thoughts on some (very thorny) issues that Craig is want to post.

One particular jouranl that I particularly love reading, and would read every single day if I had continuous internet access, is Leanne's "Somerset Seasons" site. Another pagan and one who takes marvellous pictures of animals, sunsets, home-baked goods, crafts and life in general. Nearly every post has a great picture to accompany the text, and I am oft-times pea-green with envy at the life this lady leads. Its pure joy reading her posts; a kind of comfy sofa chair by the fire blog that makes you feel very, very welcome.

I am always trying to keep up with some of my favourite authors and one, in particular, has only returned in the last two days after injury. I am overjoyed to see Wendy Mewe's online diary "Brittany Blues" back online.

With a keen interest in a photography, "Scenes of Ireland" is an online journal to which I look forward with eager anticipation every day. This particular site belongs to a friend, Geraldine, who has a very similar camera to mind and, as she experiments, I get the benefit of her knowledge and I also get to glimpse parts of Ireland I have not previously visited. Geraldine has a keen eye and the photographs often have a little something magical about them.

And, there is nothing in those rules that says you can't nominate the same person twice; just different blogs, so I am nominating another of Geraldine's blog sites: "Dreams of Reality" where you can read her poetry - and read it you should!

So that completes the list of online journals to which I want to send this award. Thanks everyone for posting your thoughts and activities and allowing me a unique access into your lives.

6 comments:

Leanne said...

thank you so much Ancestral Celt!! much appreciated!

Leanne x

Bo said...

Gawd! Thanks!!

Geraldine Moorkens Byrne said...

Thanks :) I have to say i love your blog too - I wasn't sure if it could be included in the list or if it had to be 7 new blogs so i didn;t but I'd give that award too :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your site, and in return for someone nominating me, I have nominated you!
Blessings
Witch Woman

WM said...

Thank you - this gave me quite a boost at a difficult time :-)

Lee said...

i feel guilty now. ok i will try to post more often.